Wednesday 31 March 2010

Get Yo Freak On

New Usher, and godddayum it's hot stuff.



Lolloping with the fierce intensity of a panther on the prowl, this tune is fit and doesn't it bloody well know it. It's all about the sapphic for Usher this time around, with the essential premise being that if girls want to get down and dirty with him, they've got to be prepared to get down and dirty with each other. I'm absoutely loving the heavy beats of the bassline, highlighted by the dark, grimey shadows of the video, which traces Usher's latest conquest's introduction to his sex dungeon (to put it plainly).

For some reason music videos for songs about menage a trois really love hanging girls off monkey bars ...a not so discreet reference to the sexual playground available to those who come in threes.

Nicki Minaj of Young Money fame pops up to spit her pimping part, and my, does she have a classy turn of phrase:
"Excuse me little mama but you could say I'm on duty
I'm lookin for a cutie a real big ole' ghetto booty
I really like your kitty kat and if you let me touch her
I know you not a bluffer.. . I'll take you to go see Usher"

With badger striped hair like that, who could refuse?

The track is also structured around a reworking of the classic "Living For the City" by the legend himself, Stevie Wonder, a tune I'm afraid to say I hadn't heard before stumbling across Usher's efforts. Have a listen and see if you can match the two up



© Miranda Thompson 2010
DISCLAIMER: The video links hosted on my blog are not being presented as my own. If you believe that the copyright in your work has been violated through this post, please contact me through the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment