Monday 8 March 2010

We love WAS

Managed to wangle a cheeky ticket to Hadouken down at the student union tonight; circumstances happened as follows - went to basketball, played basketball (still massively retarded in the lay up department), came back from basketball and what should be glinting in the late evening dusk but a crisp ticket for the show tonight. There was no one around looking for it, and karma dictates that since I a) accidentally bought 2 tickets for Scratch Perverts on Friday and b) couldn't see Hadouken during their last Exeter stop over due to a nasty bout of binge-induced 'flu, my conscience was very clear as I pocketed the ticket. Sorry if it was yours. Hadouken rocked my leopard print pumps off; stood next to a delicately moshing 14 year old boy who sent me straight back to my years rampaging around in front of All American Rejects and the like.

ANYWAY.

Just popped onto the web before getting down to some seminar reading (hiya 9am) and this little gem greeted me. YAY WE ARE SCIENTISTS ARE BACK . YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!
I can't really describe just how much I love these guys, not only musically but also because their sense of humour tickles my funny bone like no other, perhaps best shown in the epic Chick Lit, where Brokeback Mountain meets Crufts. Due to the reticence of the record company to allow embeddding, and my slightly retarded IT skills, check it out here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIyLWDhxXoQ

New song, ker-razy vid; lots of flashing lights, abstract arty bits and loads of head-swappage
Keith's badger-striped barnet is a thing of beauty to behold and my slightly questionable crush on bassist Chris Cain continues to flounder on
Enjoy


© Miranda Thompson 2010
DISCLAIMER: The video links hosted on my blog are not being presented as my own. If you believe that the copyright in your work has been violated through this post, please contact me through the blog

No comments:

Post a Comment