Monday 12 April 2010

Piste Off

Apologies for the blogging absence: blame can only be directed towards the totally lush, snowy last ten days spent en famille zipping between mountains bridging the craggy border between France and Switzerland.

To make it up, (and generally indulge my predeliction for photo taking), here's a few snapshots to try and sum up the general gist of what happens when you mix lots of cheese, lots of bantaaar and shedloads of snow. Strictly PG rated; don''t want to get the Justin Bieber lookalike in trouble.





TARTIFLETTE - tummy warming delight of reblochon cheese, lardons (bacon bits), chunky potato slices and slivers of onion goodness.










Obligatory Dog shot. You don't know how lucky you are not to also be seeing "small pug waddling" and "dog wearing neckerchief".












Much of the time not spent skiing/eating/boozing/lying down groaning with fatigue was spent industriously getting the elusive "jump" shot. Because we ARE cool like that.







Family T spent a glorious morning teetering on the edge of the universe; in between avoiding hordes of seven year olds let loose on freshly waxed skis it was all about chasing that powder into the deepest blue.















Not content with jumping on mere concrete, the more adventurous among us took to ze snow parks.



Every year I compile a fairly epic playlist with which to tackle the mountains of neige, heavy on the '90s dance and with a large slice of cheese on the side. Somewhat surprisingly, it was Glee's Somebody to Love which proved to get my juices going, though shout outs must be accorded to the Fine Young Cannibals, Iyaz and JX accordingly. Not to forget the godly Michael Bolton, bane of chalet life.

To celebrate, you're getting an eyeful of the Glee lovelies performing for Barack. The world works in strange and beautiful ways.



I'm also super happy to announce that I've finally worked out how to link my spotify to my blog - scroll down to the right to access my current playlist which I start afresh every month. Guilty pleasures and new favourites abound: as well as the toetapping Daryl Hall and John Oates, it's currently playing host to some classic Blue, Chase and Status and T.I to name but three.
Lovely stuff, but it's this angsty treat from the Kick Ass soundtrack which is rocking my world just at this precise moment in time. Taylor Momsen of Gossip Girl fame wields her punk face with The Pretty Reckless and the result is somewhat mesmerising. I do feel about 14 listening to it.



This is also fit: Jeffmix featured it about a month ago on his podcast and I've also noticed it's popped up on who else but Grimmy's "future pop playlist". You've got to admire the guy for the curls/'tache combo as well as flashing the flesh. Beautiful chirpy spring pop.




© Miranda Thompson 2010
DISCLAIMER: The video links hosted on my blog are not being presented as my own. If you believe that the copyright in your work has been violated through this post, please contact me through the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment