Monday 4 January 2010

xxtra, xxtra

One of my new year's resolutions is to tend to this here baba of a blog more and what better way to nourish it with some good old TLC than this little gem. This darling of a tune was one of my favourite songs which accompanied the close of the decade and has been splashed all over WATCH OUT FOR IN 2010 lists in just about every Sunday supplement with style.



If, like me, your idea of a top ten night in involves some late night-ish Grimmy booming out of your radio box via Auntie Beeb's airwaves, this song is already going to be seeped well into your subconscious. Even though I personally believe that You've Got the Love has been killed more times than goldfish being flushed down toilet bends, this version by the xx is a sneaky remix of a cover by the indomitable Florence. And its just bloody gorgeous. Even the slightest hint of a honk from old Flo is soothed over with the musical equivalent of thick pouring cream, pepped up with perky drum beats and all in all a delicious, tummy warming delight.

© Miranda Thompson 2010

DISCLAIMER: The video links hosted on my blog are not being presented as my own. If you believe that the copyright in your work has been violated through this post, please contact me through the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment