Monday 25 January 2010

Just Because

I feel like sharing some absolute tunes I can’t get enough of at the moment. Just because.

Ellie Goulding’s Starry Eyed is dominating radiowaves and my head with her deliciously sparky futuristic pop. Her voice is mesmerising, veering from the delicately gravelled-y to soaringly sweet and just dances over this swirling combination of languid pianos and relentlessly frenetic beats. It’s a bloody fit video as well; I’m a more than a bit in love with all the blue and gold and stars and lights, not to mention Goulding’s enviably flawless flicks of eyeliner. I can’t wait for her album to come out enough – 1 March is too far away.



Another piano heavy beauty is “Daylight” by utter sweethearts Matt and Kim. I’ve dug this out of my summer Spotify playlist with the sole intention of brightening up late January essay deadlines. A properly stripped back pop song with lots of fortissimo piano chuntering, it is actually impossible not to listen to this song and not feel a trickle of a ray of some golden sunshine smoothing off the winter’s stress and strains.



And finally, because I am a complete goon and can’t get enough of the boybands – the recent Acafellas episode of Glee nearly finished me off – here is some melodramatic early Noughties cheese. Point Break are proper lads. They like bumping and grinding and wearing their hair in lairy dreadlocks or centre parted curtains. In this slightly melodramatic video for slightly melodramatic song ‘You” (think slowly bashed drums and soaring vocals redolent of footy supporters) the boys mix in a detective trail around the bleak surroundings of New York slash stalking a vaguely fit girl with some truly epic dance routines. We’re talking pointing at the camera, stomping around AND spinning on toes. The move where they pretend to zip their trousers up will probably remain indelibly printed in your mind. Sorry.



Sorry this final, fabulous video's quality is so dire - am sure that the amazingness of the content will more than compensate - Glee shows the others how it's done. I heart Matthew Morrison.





© Miranda Thompson 2010

DISCLAIMER: The video links hosted on my blog are not being presented as my own. If you believe that the copyright in your work has been violated through this post, please contact me through the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment