Tuesday 25 May 2010

Witness the Fitness

One of the most beautiful collaborations I've caught in a while. Perennial favourite Ellie Goulding snuggles up with new kid on the block Lissie, described by the Guardian as a "guitar toting Americana lovechild who belongs in the 1970s" to duet on Lissie's achy-breaky ballad Everywhere I Go in a mash of soaring vocals and tumbling vanilla locks.




I suppose that one of the reasons for posting this is also to celebrate the fact that FINALLY I'm going to see Ellie in Briz this weekend as a part of the immense Dot to Dot festival, (held also in Notthingham and Manchester over the Bank Holiday) a city-centre music festival where you trek between each of the city's varying venues. I went back in 2008 ith the main intent of tracking down French-synt-anglo-wannabes The Teenagers (mission accomplished after hot pursuit of the bassist resulted in a signed French grammar book) and had a banger of a day which was rounded off by the ever fabuolous Mystery Jets, who are also down to finish the live music section, before legends like Jakwob and Doorly take to the decks. Cannot. Actually. Wait.

© Miranda Thompson 2010

DISCLAIMER: The video links hosted on my blog are not being presented as my own. If you believe that the copyright in your work has been violated through this post, please contact me through the blog

1 comment: