Sunday 16 May 2010

Jeals

Let me set the scene: half empty students' union, barely sticky dance-floor, several litres of Pimms sloshing throught the veins and this banger of a tune comes on. (It's only one of my favourite labels, Cash Money, with their Cash Money "Heroes" blasting some solidly immense r'n'b with Lil' Wayne, Jay Sean, Birdman and an extremly a musty-looking Kevin Rudolf. ) Point being, it's another vaguely shit hip-hop-pop collaboration which inspires me to bring out my best pop-and-lock. Holllla.

Despite hailing from rural Lancashire, I've always been a fan of street dance and hip hop, from shunning Step Up 2 on the internet to view it on the big screen in an empty cinema, to awkwardly shuffling about to Justin Timberlake et al in university classes, to ultimately embarking on a hip hop course in Grenoble where I learnt the basics of breakdancing and have been playing on it as my party trick ever since.

I'd like to pay tribute to some of the most amazing dance routines I've been lucky enough to set eyes on and have inspired me to attempt more moves than drawing a Christmas tree or buttering bread. Nothing too ground breaking, but all immense.

The finale from Step Up 2 (The Streets) Soggy yet spine-tingling - Timberland's Bounce provides the perfect showcase for splashy, showy moves and cardiac arrest move is one i'm still endeavouring to emulate.



Picked this one up off Facebook - deliciously slick with a sick soundtrack.



The most hilarious under-5 I think I've ever seen. I want to track this little guy down and have a dance-off even though instinct is screaming that he'd completely do me in...



© Miranda Thompson 2010

DISCLAIMER: The video links hosted on my blog are not being presented as my own. If you believe that the copyright in your work has been violated through this post, please contact me through the blog

No comments:

Post a Comment