Friday 28 May 2010

Weekenders

Tenuous linkage between weekend (read.mid-week) mini break in Holland and Vampire Weekend's addition to forthcoming R-Patz/Smacked-face-Stewart's latest efforts in Eclipse.

We finished exams. We went to the Netherlands. We had a TOP time.





So much enjoyment of bridges and lamposts in Amsterdam.





















Living the dream with an actual windmill.













Having a rave in our fluorescent fleamarket finds whilst attempting to demonstrate dubstept to the Dutch.







Cheese-tastic at the squeaky clean supermarket. Gouda times.





To top it off, the soundtrack for Eclipse has been officially named and it's a veritable treasure chest of the great and the good: Muse, Florence and the Machine, Metric, The Dead Weather....and The Bravery. Even though I'm definitely not anywhere near a Twi-Hard (I feel the Twilight saga lacks the positivity and optimism enshrined in the High School Musical series), I very much appreciate the immenseness of the music which has been released in accordance with the film.

One track in particular stood out for me and it's not just because of the hilarity contained in the mere fact that a band called Vampire Weeekend has written a song for a film about blood-suckers. "Jonathan Low" is instantly recognisable as a Vampire Weekend number, resplendent with rhythmic drums and anguished vocals, but to my mind there seems to be a greater sense of melancholia dancing in amongst the chirpiness. What do you reckon? At any rate, it's about as delicious as Bella's blood (massive cringeing as I wrote that).






© Miranda Thompson 2010 (all photos my own).

DISCLAIMER: The video links hosted on my blog are not being presented as my own. If you believe that the copyright in your work has been violated through this post, please contact me through the blog

No comments:

Post a Comment