Sunday 21 February 2010

Sunday Afternoon Selection

This afternoon my house spent a bizarre hour meeting randoms and seeing more male gentalia than I care to recall on chat site du jour, Chatroulette. Items of note? An “encounter’ with the Jonas Brothers (we were conned), sexing couples, dirty men young and old, lonely Asian dudes in empty IT rooms, juiced Americans and a French doctor, all whilst screaming and waving at anyone who came into view dressed in appropriate disguises, namely sunglasses, scarves and my polar bear hat.

In between all the mayhem and chaining myself to my desk to try and prepare for dissertation doom, I’ve needed some serious tunes to get me through the day. So here they are:

First up, a sprightly boptastic tune from Vampire Weekend meets Ra Ra Riot sideproject Discovery. A mass of punchy drums and dancing electronica, it’s just an easy, toe tapping listen.



The whole album “LP” is a musical treat; from Ezra Koenig offof Vampire Weekend lending his familiar vocals to “Carby”, or the intensely amazing reworking of “I Want You Back” with some slow burning bass and twinkling synths.

Love of my life Ellie Goulding takes the next spot on the podium with her cover of Bon Iver’s “Wolves”. I’m going to throw a whole load of words out there you could dangle off this beauty; haunting, electrifying, eerie, ethereal, hazy, and gorgeous, its music to sit and watch the snow and stars by. I massively enjoy the crackling fireworks effect at the end, apparently due to a faulty cable. My girl crush escalates out of control by the moment.




In my head, I want to join the Young Money crew so that I can be BFF with Drake. It’s about 99.566611 % probable that this isn’t going to happen, since I currently live in Bumfuck Nowhere UK and can’t rap to save my life. I can passably mime though.
So here’s to the next best thing; downloading his fitter than fit mixtapes. I recently got my paws on “So Far Gone”, mainly for my dream combination of Lykke Li and Drake combined on Li’s delectable “Little Bit”. Press play and slide from Sunday to Monday in a haze of heat-beating percussion and soothing vocals. This video is a little bit adorably cute as well.




Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

© Miranda Thompson 2010
DISCLAIMER: The video links hosted on my blog are not being presented as my own. If you believe that the copyright in your work has been violated through this post, please contact me through the blog

No comments:

Post a Comment