Friday 11 June 2010

Fresh and Clean

To celebrate my late spring clean on the old blog, I'm introducing French duo Jamaica and their cutesy choon, "I think I like u 2".

The lads used to go by the name Poney Poney but, like this blog, have cleaned up their acts a bit and hence the exotic rename. New name + working with Xavier offof Justice ( I MISS those guys) = amazing summery pop not a million miles away from a Phoenix soundalike.I sense great things to come from these guys.






They're also playing at Pukkelpop, a Belgian festival which I've decided looks the one for me this summer. The line up looks stronger than a slab of Stilton and includes my new must-sees Jonsi, Mumford and Sons, The XX, Deadmau5, Jakwob and The Drums. I'd probs go and see Uffie for the bant, before re-visiting GENIUSES Miike Snow whose new single is IMMENSE (even if "the rabbit" is a crapulous name for a single - although my new wish is for a giant bunny, fyi).






Sorry to resort to bunging up music videos but

a) I've been work-experiencing with this wondrous magazine and have been typing like a '60s secretary all week. I literally couldn't have asked for a better week in a magazine: they've kept me busy with all kinds of fascinating articles on local areas, I'm getting a byline AND freelance pay and the editor gave me a personal critique of my writing. I feel like I've massively improved in the space of the last few days and its really got me feeling that I'm heading down the right path.

b) The music is really good, OK?

ALL CHANGE: I've also linked in the June spotify list. Have a look, you can tell there were some serious end-of-term high jinks which have gone into the making of it (S Club whaaat?)

© Miranda Thompson 2010.


DISCLAIMER: The video links hosted on my blog are not being presented as my own. If you believe that the copyright in your work has been violated through this post, please contact me through the blog

No comments:

Post a Comment